S'mores Blossom Cookiesfrom Cook's Country Magazine
(ounces) = weight
1. Soften 8 Tablespoons (4 ounces) unsalted butter, and bring 1 large egg to room temperature. Crush
8 whole graham crackers into fine crumbs (1 cup), halve 12 large marshmallows crosswise, and unwrap
24 chocolate Kisses.
2. Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper. Whisk 1¼ cups (6¼ ounces) all-purpose flour, 1/2 teaspoon baking powder, 1/4 teaspoon baking soda, and 1/4 teaspoon salt together in bowl.
3. Using stand mixer fitted with paddle, beat butter, 1/2 cup (3½ ounces) sugar, and 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. Add egg and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and beat until incorporated. Reduce speed to low and slowly add flour mixture until just combined.
4. Place remaining 1/2 cup graham cracker crumbs in shallow dish. Working with 1 tablespoon
(3/4 ounce) dough at a time, roll into 1 1/4-inch balls. Toss dough balls in graham cracker crumbs to coat. Space them evenly on prepared sheets, 12 per sheet. Bake, 1 sheet at a time, until just set and beginning
to crack on sides, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool on sheets for 5 minutes.
5. Adjust oven rack 10 inches from broiler element and heat broiler. Place 1 marshmallow half, cut side down, in center of each cookie. Broil cookies, 1 sheet at a time, until marshmallows are deep golden brown, 30 to 45 seconds, rotating halfway through for even browning, if needed. Transfer sheet to wire rack and immediately place 1 Hershey’s Kiss in center of each marshmallow, pressing down gently. Repeat with remaining cookies, marshmallows, and Kisses. Let cookies cool completely before serving, about 1 hour.