Friday, July 2, 2010

My New Favorite Hat

One of my favorite gifts to knit for a boy/man is a beanie.  It's a quick, easy and portable project that looks good on most guys.  In the past, I never would have crocheted a hat for a man.  It just didn't seem masculine enough.  That was until I purchased a book called, "Get Your Crochet On!  Hip Hats and Cool Caps" by Afya Ibomu.  It's a book that's filled with soulful styles that make anyone look cool.  The first pattern I tried out was "The MC", as a gift for Uncle D's birthday.  He lives by the beach and is always in need of a cap for a chilly morning stroll on the sand.  I chose a blue/brown color-way and got to work.  The pattern was easy to follow and I like the ingenious idea of adding a row of elastic to help the hat keep its shape.  It also looks fly on Uncle D:



Sweetpea was ogling this hat so I decided to make one for her in a more feminine purple color-way:



I had enough yarn left over to make another girl-size hat in the light purple with the darker purple as the stripe.  It's almost complete.  The hard part will be deciding who to give it to!

Here are the links to my project notes on Ravelry:

2 comments:

  1. I love your hats! I really like the brim I may contract you to make one for me when I go snowboarding next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just let me know the color you want and I'll whip one up for ya.

    ReplyDelete