Saturday, February 27, 2010

Cinnamon Crispas


So I was going to a party tonight and wanted to bring something along to share.  I had some leftover flour tortillas and decided I could make something yummy out of them.  Back in the '80's, Taco Bell used to have a treat called Cinnamon Crispas on their menu.  They weren't puffs like the Cinnamon Twists they have now;  they were simply fried flour tortillas that were dredged in cinnamon and sugar.  Simple, yet delicious.  I put them out at the party and they were gone before I could get one for myself.


Cinnamon Crispas

1.  In a pie plate, mix together 1/2 cup granulated sugar with      
2 tablespoons cinnamon.

2.  Cut 6-8 soft-taco size flour tortillas into 1-inch strips or into wedges.  Meanwhile, heat 1/2-inch oil in a large skillet* until hot enough for frying.

3.  Fry a few strips at a time until light golden brown.  Drain briefly on paper towels, then dredge the strips through the sugar-cinnamon mixture.  Repeat with remaining strips.

These would be delicious served with a scoop of your favorite ice cream.

*An electric skillet set at 350-degrees works well for this recipe.  I received this one for Christmas and it performed well for me.

  



2 comments:

  1. I was a witness to the disappearance!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok I made these tonight...AWESOME. I however made them pie shaped and Shelby told me "you made them the WRONG way, Lisa's were prettier." yah shut it motor mouth...oops erase erase. I didn't really tell her to shut it and I swear I didn't call her a name. I wanted to, but I swear I didn't. ANYHOO they were delish! I used the electric fryer OUTSIDE on newspaper, but I still managed to make a huge mess inside as well, from trying to eat too many at one time. xoxox

    ReplyDelete