Sunday, February 14, 2010

Krispie Kisses



A few years ago, I was looking for a cute Valentine treat idea to make for Sweetpea's pre-school class.  I found what I was looking for when I came across these "kisses" made from Rice Krispy treats in lieu of chocolate.  I decided to resurrect the idea for some friends this year.  These are easy and fun and are adaptable to any occassion.

1.  Make a batch of Rice Krispy treats.   When I made mine, I added pink food color to the melted marshmallow mixture.

2.  Lightly spray a desired-size funnel with cooking spray and pack it with the rice krispy mixture.

3.  Tap the "kiss" onto a cookie sheet lined with waxed paper.  Repeat step 2 with remaining mixture.  My funnel made 7 treats per recipe.





4.  While the treats set until firm, cut an 8 1/2" x 11" piece of paper into 3/4" x 11" strips and stamp a message on one end.

5.  Place one end of the paper strip under the treat on a square of foil.  Pleat the foil up around the treat and trim the tops as necessary.


No comments:

Post a Comment