Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Oreo Pudding Pops

I'm a sucker for those little cookbooks that they display in the checkout line at the supermarket.  I've been practicing self-control and haven't purchased any in quite a long time, but I saw this one and it spoke to me, being that Oreos are the only cookie that Sugarbear will eat (he'll even choose them over homemade, from scratch cookies).



As I was flipping through the book, I came across the recipe for Oreo Cookies and Creme Pudding Pops.  Fond memories of Bill Cosby popped into my head for some reason, and I decided to try them out.  They were easy to make and Sweetpea liked them.  Of course Sugarbear wanted nothing to do with them; he is sticking with plain ol' Oreos, thank you very much.

I don't know, they look pretty good to me:



Oreo Cookies and Creme Pudding Pops

1.   Beat 1 package (3.4 oz) Jell-O Vanilla Instant Pudding and
2 cups cold, whole milk with a whisk for 2 minutes.

2.  Chop 6 regular Oreo cookies; crush 8 Oreos into fine crumbs.  Spoon half of the crushed cookies onto the bottoms of 10 (3 oz) Dixie cups.

3.  Add 1/2 cup thawed Cool Whip to the pudding and stir until just blended.  Fold in the chopped Oreos.  Spoon the pudding mixture into the prepared cups and top with the remaining crushed cookies.

4.  Insert popsicle sticks into each for a handle.  Freeze 5 hours or until firm.  To remove the pops from the cups, roll each cup between your hands until the pop loosens and can be pushed out of the cup.

No comments:

Post a Comment