Beef, Green Bean, and Scallion Stir-Fry
from America's Test Kitchen
1. Whisk 1/3 cup chicken broth, 1/4 cup oyster sauce, 2 Tablespoons coconut aminos (or soy sauce),
2 teaspoons rice wine vinegar, and 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes in a small bowl.
2. Prep stir-fry ingredients: Halve a 1-pound flank steak lengthwise, then slice thinly against the grain;
trim 1-pound green beans and cut into 2-inch pieces; cut 1 bunch of scallions into 2-inch pieces;
mince 6 cloves of garlic; and mince or grate 1 Tablespoon of fresh ginger.
3. Heat 1 Tablespoon vegetable oil in a 12-inch nonstick skillet over high heat until just smoking. Add green beans and cook, stirring occasionally, until spotty brown, 4-6 minutes; transfer to a large bowl.
4. Heat 2 teaspoons oil in now-empty skillet. Add half of beef and cook, about 1 minute per side, until browned. Transfer beef to bowl with green beans and repeat with additional 2 teaspoons oil and remaining beef.
5. Add 2 teaspoons oil and scallions to skillet and cook until scallions are browned in spots, about 2 minutes. Add garlic and ginger and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Return green beans, beef, and any accumulated juices to pan. Add broth mixture and cook until thickened. Serve with rice.