Saturday, August 22, 2009

Hats

I've been on a hat kick lately. I like the almost instant gratification of knitting or crocheting a hat or cap. I can usually finish a basic style in 2 or 3 days. Although I'm not much of a hat wearer myself, I like to see other people in them and so I make them as gifts.

This is a hat that I just finished for my hubby. It's made from 2 skeins of Mission Falls 1824 Wool that I had in my stash. It is a nice, soft yarn and not itchy because it is a merino wool. I found the pattern for The Boy Hat on Ravelry and knew I wanted to try it out. It is a simple ribbed hat, but has a clever shaping to give some visual interest at the crown. If I make another one, the only change I will make is to make it a bit shorter to fit my boy better.



I've also made another Shells Sunhat. This one was for my husband's cousin's daughter, Lily. This was made from Lily Sugar'n Cream yarn (Lily for Lily) and is a bit more stiff than the one I made from Cotton-Ease. I sent it to her as a surprise in the mail, so I haven't seen her in it yet. Her mom is supposed to send me a picture soon and I'll post it as soon as I receive it. This is a pattern I plan to use a lot because it makes a nice, quick and easy last-minute gift.


No comments:

Post a Comment