Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Mother Bear Project

If you like to knit or crochet, chances are that you already know about the Mother Bear Project.  This wonderful organization collects handknit and crocheted bears and distributes them to children that have been affected by HIV/AIDS in emerging countries.  Everyone who participates uses one of the four Mother Bear patterns:  flat knitting, knitting-in-the-round, flat crochet, or crochet-in-the-round.  The patterns are for sale for $5 at their website; the $5 going towards the cost of distributing the finished bears.

I recently finished my first Mother Bear using the knit-in-the-round pattern:


I think he turned out kind'a cute!  I hope he'll bring lots of happiness and comfort to the child who receives him. 



I have a strange feeling that he's just the first of many more to come.  They are strangely addicting to make....


No comments:

Post a Comment