|You'll need a candy thermometer for this recipe.|
Pecan Pumpkin Pie Fudge
from Land O Lakes Recipe Collection: Holiday Cookies 2011
1. Line an 8-inch square pan with aluminum foil, extending foil over edges. Lightly butter foil.
2. Combine 1 cup sugar, 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar, 1/2 cup (1 stick) butter, 1/2 cup half-and-half,
1/2 cup canned pumpkin, and 1-1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice in a heavy 3-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes to a boil and sugar is dissolved (5 to 7 minutes).
3. Reduce heat to low. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture reaches 234°F (soft ball stage) on a candy thermometer. Remove from heat.
4. Stir in 2 cups miniature marshmallows, 1 12-ounce package white baking chips, and 1 teaspoon vanilla, until mixture is smooth; stir in 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans. Pour into prepared pan and cool completely.
5. Remove fudge from pan using foil ends; cut into 1-inch squares. Store in a sealed container in the refrigerator for up to 3 weeks.